Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The wedding of the year...at least to us

So while everyone around us was having babies, I had other things to worry about. I had to plan a wedding! Eric and I tried to keep it simple, and tried to make sure it reflected our personalities. Outdoors on a chilly, but dry May day, on my Grandma Weiderman's 94th birthday, we said I do. My sister Mandy was my maid of honor, and my two best friends Tisha and Melissa were my other bridesmaids. Eric's best friend from high school, Ross, served as his best man, and other friends Jason and Ryan were his other groomsmen. My adorable nieces Isabelle and Naomi did very well as flower girls and Henry, my sister's son, provided entertainment down the aisle as well as on the dance floor later that night.

  
 
 We carried our love for movies into the theme by recessing to a Star Wars theme and into the reception, with Eric using Photoshop to create custom table names and we offered popcorn in movie theater buckets as an appetizer to the meal catered by my own mother and her friend, Dorothy.
All of our families helped us, either cutting the cake, cuing up the music, decorating, catering and even providing the location. The weather held out, the lights all worked (for most of the evening) and most important...I got to dance with my new husband.